…but not today.
Today you get mundane thoughts and ramblings from a girl in the city.
- We hosted a wine tasting over the weekend. I know that sounds all sophisticated and everything, but remember who you’re talking to. Yeah. After the first couple of pairings, it just turned into a party. A good one at that!
- We rode the metro to a baseball game last night. It's amazing how they build these big ole stadiums right in the middle of the city. When we left 10 years ago, it was all ghetto through there and you hoped you wouldn't run out of gas before you got to the safe part of town. Now it's all gentrified and expensive, with no place to park, except for the stadium garage, in which case be prepared to give a limb.
- I decided, now that I live in the city, that I need to grow some of the food we eat. There are three garden boxes out back, and I thought it would be a good idea to grow something in there besides cat poop. So, I’m a farmer now. In the city. I have three tomato plants, two strawberries and a banana pepper plant. Hmm, that will make for an interesting smoothie, won’t it?
- One of the downsides to purchasing an awesome bed in Europe is, the linens to fit it can only be found in, you guessed it! Europe. Having an Emperor sized bed only sounds cool till you see the shipping prices.
- Why is it easier to find a doctor in a new city than it is to find someone to cut my hair?
- I love the church down the street. It has a bell tower and chimes on the hour, all day. At noon, it plays such pretty music. Really so much nicer than the call to prayers 5 times a day we had in Abu Dhabi.
- I’ve run out of good books to read. I know! My kindle is running on empty. I need a good murder book. It helps my detective skills.
- I am so ready to start painting! Just a fresh coat of neutral will be better than the plain white, ten year old, builder’s paint that is in here now.
It’s hard to pick the mundane from the marvelous, isn’t it?